Sunday 18 January 2015

Elephants the last Mastodons

 Elephants the last Mastodons
 



MAKE A DONATION


Unless Western and African nations can turn things around fast
In order to protect the 400,000 or so left
Then the elephants of Africa, pretty much all of them, 
will soon be gone.

This is just Africa

12 million elephants south of the Sahara in the early 1900's, We have executed more than that have died naturally, and average age is 60/70 yrs so there is no hiding the fact that we are totally responsible.

How many of us have or have had a Ivory product? well I am guilty there although not from a elephant but some other animal. The point being is, it was bought by me (many moons ago when I was naive and didn't really know why I bought it in the first place, other than it was fixed in silver and looked nice, how stupid) and in doing so gave premise to keep killing for ivory, profit made by seller, kill more for ivory, sell more product. I gave my stamp of approval. And that does not make me feel very good.

As if elephants do not have enough to contend with 
as this brave little feller faces a lion pack

We take them from there habitats put them in circus's, the elephant escapes (I wonder why) and ends in a world he knows nothing about

Hit by a bus.

Where he should have been

Hit by a train, elephants roam India and are protected species and well into Indian culture
how ever India is a growing country with mass populations and progress

A fatality of such and this is not a unusual site to see.

And man (Past)
And (Present)

All of the pretty things that you can wear, put on a shelf
or hang as a trophy

Oh! look at all these MEMORIES


Is this the representation of our love of the elephant and other creatures. Something magical that must be carved into pieces so that we may remember them when they have gone from the wild. And to be grateful that we can still see them in zoos as a reminder, we did not kill them all. Saving some for generations to see, like live exhibits rather than the stuffed ones in the museums or on someones wall. 

When I was much younger I read many books and movies about the world and was awed by what was around me. The world to me then was a very innocent place and I wanted to see it. As part of my career path I joined the Merchant navy and did see so much of it but not in the way I thought as I saw in books and movies. The real truth started coming out and I saw a different world. Books films and other media will only show what you ask but go out there and let roads take you places and you then realise there is much going on and not all good.

It has been many years since those days and like everyone of us, you also find the same and if it hits you smack in the face you might just realise that you cannot just let it happen ( I speak about wild life, yours could be about hunger). There are many ways to help wildlife even by the spread of the word as this blog is doing, creating awareness of the plight of many. 

Money is not always the answer. Education and the will of all to understand the value of everything put on this earth will be the day when man joins hands together for the benefit of our existence and all others. How can we work with it all instead of removing it as an answer, this is where we are at.
Quote from: Edgar Allen Poe.....
I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect on humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. 


Steven Hawkins
I am adding this from Steven Hawkins. You have heard the saying ''What goes around'' ''Comes around''. Stephen Hawking on 'Into the Universe': Stephen Hawking warns that humans should stop trying to talk to aliens, because they may want to destroy us

 Courtesy of
 http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/stephen-hawking-universe-stephen-hawking-contact-aliens-killed-article-1.165374


Please say thank you from the supplier of those lovely objects above

A chainsaw was used on this elephant


UPDATE:  14/03/2015
Something has come along that can help change
the destiny of the Rhino
please watch

Please donate NOW

On my post about Orangutans and palm oil plantations. 
Thankfully for these elephants there is hope
Nature may have taken much from us but do we need to help it

0 comments: